My 2017 Travel #GoalsTis the season, when every travel publication publishes a list of top travel destinations for the new year. While I'd love to visit all 52 places on NYT's 2017 list, and everywhere else on every other list, I can't. Last year I went wherever the wind blew: Taiwan, Japan, Iceland, Croatia, Italy, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hong Kong. But this year I need to master this whole work-life balance thing, so I decided to cull it down to something a little more plausible. PS: Photos aren't mine, peep the links below each picture for credits and check out some of my favorite publications & sites!
MY 2017 TRAVEL #GOALS
GO NATIONAL PARK HOPPING IN CANADA
- Beautiful nature. All of their national parks are free this year. Enough said. Should I even bother continuing the list?
- It's close. Vancouver is a shorter trip than half of America is. Not much time or planning is necessary, so it'll just be a matter of waiting for a cheap flight deal. So doable.
- No language barrier. And a great exchange rate. It's like being home, but people pronounce vowels a little differently and the money is more colorful. Sounds pretty stress free to me!
- Canadians are nice. It's a popular stereotype, but I really have never met a mean Canadian before, and wouldn't it be nice to get away from the hate we are plagued with here?
- Montreal is turning 375 And their arts+culture game is so strong. It's like a poor man's trip to France! AND everyone is nicer.
- Toronto could actually be baked into a bigger Eurotrip because of the free layover program with AirCanada
ROAD TRIP UP TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST
GET TO KNOW NEW YORK
AND GET TO KNOW SF
TRAVEL SOMEWHERE SOUTH OF THE BORDERArt Basel coming to Buenos Aires)are high on my list.
EXPLORE GREECEcontemporary art scene in Athens is intriguing. I also owe a friend a visit to Thessaloniki and she owes me a tour of her favorite islands. Santorini might be difficult to skip, but I'd easily drop Mykonos for Crete if only for the pink beaches.
GO BACK TO PARIS
OH, AND (ALWAYS) CHICAGOIt's the only place in the Midwest I would want to go. And I'll never get sick of it. Runner up locales: anywhere in Scandinavia, Shanghai, Scotland, Tokyo, and Morocco.
Italy Part 3: Milan
So we’ve already established the fact that I’m crazy. And that is the sole reason why on the morning of day three, we hopped on yet another bus for Italy’s fashion capital of the north, Milan. Our bus left from F ...
Italy Part 2: Florence
We didn’t even make it 2 blocks out of the bus station before I declared my love for the Florence. I’m not even sure what it was. Considering that our introduction to the Tuscan town was a lengthy walk through the rain ...